Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The End Women's Cancer walk

Thank you for all your lovely comments, I thought I should write a little more about the 60klm walk.

It will be done over two days on the last weekend in October 2013, I have plenty of time to get ready.
I am doing about an hour everyday (  only just started training)  enjoying walking by the ocean.

The money raised will be given to the Queensland Medical Institute of Research and hopefully one day find a cure for any cancer.

All participants need to raise $2000 and I do have a homepage here: Christine Cohrs

I appreciate any support you can give me or my team, there are three others taking part and they are Deidre, her daughter Sarah and Jo and they too are raising $2000 each.

In my previous post you find the offer for one of my patterns, all you have to do is donate minimum of $10 via my page and email me your details and I get it posted.

For others living in Brisbane, Sharon at Patches has kindly offered to have one of my Quilts hanging and selling Raffle tickets for me, they are $2 each or three for $5.

For every $5 donated you get three tickets in the draw and the quilt will be drawn on the first Thursday in July.
This is the quilt up for Raffle.

The Dresden plate logo you see is a car sticker and 3 x 5 inches in size, it is a sun and waterproof sticker made from vinyl, the quilt in the background is mine and I will have these for sale very soon.
They are going to be $10 each, if you are interested let me know and I put your name on the list, they are available in about 7 days.

The reason I am doing the walk are:
three beautiful grand daughters
daughter
daughter inlaws
Mothers
sisters
aunties
girl friends
every woman
Thank you for reading and your donation
Christine



1 comment:

Facing Cancer Together said...

A very clever way to raise funds :) Best of luck to you. There are so many women who will benefit from your efforts, we see them every day at our workshops and online forums.

Take care,
Catherine