Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Scrap Bag Challenge

Who wants to play ( if you are international and want to play, you will need to send me a self addressed envelope asap that holds 500g )

I would like to use my scraps.

Send me a self address 500g satchel and I fill it with my scraps and return it to you to use for your challenge quilt.

The idea is easy, make something with my scrap ( some or all ) you can add up to a meter of your own fabric and make a small quilt.
You will also have to provided backing, batting and binding.

It can be anything between 20 x 30 inches and up to 40 inches square. It can be made by hand, machine anyway you like.

Example of sizes:

20 x 30
20 x 35
20 x 40
30 x 40

and so on

Once you get your scrap bag please post a picture of your scraps on your blog or send me a picture and I post them on mine and get sewing.

The quilt needs to be finished by 30th September 2013 and be posted back to me as I would like to auction them in early October via my blog and donate the money raise to charity of your choice (i e. send me your favourite charity and I draw from those the winning charity)

There are three prizes to be won and they are yet to be finalised and be announced as soon as I can.
Any business reading this if you would like to donated towards the prizes please email me private.
Come on and play.

Christine

8 comments:

theredbootquiltcompany.com said...

Count me in Christine! Sounds like a brilliant idea and I've missed doing challenges! Glad you got your power back on, we were lucky, everybody surrounding us lost their but I think we are on the Prince Charles Hospital relay (?) toni xx

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

This sounds like such a fun challenge! I can't wait to see what people make!

Bree said...

Ok I'm in!

Monica said...

I'd love to participate!

Deidre said...

I'm in. Should be fun.

BevBSews said...

I'm up for the challenge - count me in!

Heather said...

Love a challenge and would love to play. Count me in :)

Frances said...

Hi Christine is it too late to play please? Frances