Saturday, January 5, 2013

Happy New Year and big changes

Happy New Year to you all and sorry about being so quiet here on my blog. Time has just not been right and I will try and get back in to the swing of things.
The biggest change will be coming on Tuesday as my beautiful daughter and her family will be moving 1500klm away from us. As for all that know me, this will be very difficult for me. I see my lovely three little munchkins just about everyday and I worry about them being so far away.

Guess when my husband and I decided to move our little family in 1983 all the way to Australia we didn't think how it would affect the rest of the family. Guess what now I know and I don't like it.

On a happier note, I have listed some items on my Facebook page and will work out a link if you care to have a look sometime.

Have been doing a little sewing and got some appliqué done.
I have also got a pattern set for sale called Afternoon Delight by Sue Garman and it is $65 including postage in Australia.
Have stitched one block, it is the pinky/ red appliqué one.

Happy sewing to you all
Christine

Afternoon Delight by Sue Garman
 Working on Auntie Green's Garden

I love red, this is also the colour of my new car

8 comments:

Lurline said...

Oh, no! I'm devastated for you and Herman - will phone soon!
Love - Lurline.

Jessica said...

I hope the move goes smoothly and is not too heartbreak for you....I look forward the seeing your progress with Afternoon Delight!

Bree said...

Oh Christine im so sorry! But they have to do what is best for them at the moment. And at least it isnt overseas. You can always come and have bubby snuggles with my two.

Lindi said...

Big hugs, Christine. I understand pretty much how you are feeling. My daughter and her hubby and my darling little 2 yr old grandson are moving to Mauritius sometime in the next few months. They'll be gone for at least 5 years.

Yvonne said...

Happy new year to you Christine. I feel so sorry for you. It must be hard to see your daughter moving away and not be able to see the grandchildren. I hope you will find a way to visit often.
Your quilts look lovely!

Kathie said...

its hard when your family lives far away, I feel so bad for you.
maybe you can retire close to them when the time comes?
Kathie

Barb said...

Happy New Year - I know you'll miss them!!

Irene Blanck said...

I love the look of your Auntie Green. It looks beautiful and you've chosen some really lovely fabric. Keep showing some more photos. I'd love to see your progress. I did a class recently and was delighted to see all the different colours that were used.

Irene Blanck