Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Just the binding..



Quilting done and only binding to do, it is cut and ready to sew. I am now going to get my haircut, fruit and vegie shopping, sew the binding and pick up Sophie from school. Yes another busy day, I don't think I am ever bored.

I pieced the quilt in two afternoons, quilted it in another two afternoons and am pleased how quick I got this done. Our little Emily just two would also like a quilt and I will have to think what I might do for her.

The backing is pieced with, also I have fabric left from my swaps and gifts and purchases and am happy to pass them on here in Australia, sorry but there are too many to post overseas with the cost of postage.

Let me know if you might have something in mind you want to make and I send them.

Thanks again to everyone that helped me with the fabrics.
Christine

7 comments:

shez said...

gee that quilt is just gorgeous,well done Christine.xx

Posie Patchwork said...

Christine this is magic!! I just wanted to triple confirm that i received all the beautiful quilty goodness you sent to the family whose house burnt down. Thank you!! I'll be sure to update you when i blog about it & the goods are handed over. Thank you so very much for your incredible skill & generosity, love Posie

Deidre said...

Just stunning. I am sure Sophie will be delighted to sleep under her dolphin.

Yvonne said...

I am sure she will have sweet dreams underneath Flipper, it looks beautiful!

Jessica said...

The quilt is fantastic! I love how you quilted the dolphin!

Jan-Maree said...

I love it Christine - it is gorgeous - what an absolute treasure for your grand daughter!

Julimond said...

This Dolphin Quilt is great. How did you made the dolphin? I think, the pattern was a small one.
Print it on a lot of papers in 3xxx Size?
By writing this i got the idea. I will print a great rose for a Quilt for my mum.

Greetings from Germany

Iris