Thursday, January 19, 2012

Funny Story

I went to a large shopping centre ( mall ) last week and as all you Australian readers know we have little shops, side stand in the middle of the isles.
Anyway I was going past this make up place and this handsome young 6 foot plus young man waved a card at me to have my make up done, as I don't wear make up I waved him off, anyway he stopped me and said :

Imagine ( french accent )

I am a make up artist form France and could I please ask you one question? I said yes and he said what do you use on your face for your skin? I said nothing, he said nothing? I said no never........

His reply:
Oh wow you sure have beautiful skin... grin do you think he thought I change my mind about having my make up done?

Laugh I said to him I think it is because I am a little chubby.

This doesn't happen to me very often, you know hitting 50 last year and all the rest but it made me smile anyway.

Have a wonderful day
Christine

ps. thank you for all the lovely comments on my previous post and the well wishes. I think I cracked it this time, feeling good.

4 comments:

Janet said...

How nice to get a compliment, I'd take it any day.

Bree said...

I went to the shops last week with the 4 week old in the pram. Had 2 people (strangers) tell me how fabulous I looked and congratulate me on being up and out of the house with a newborn. Came home with the most swelled head ever.

And I hate those guys and their stupid makeup stuff. So pushy. I'm barely polite to them anymore, I just sail right on past.

Lurline said...

Hey, chubby is beautiful - you think all those bloggers out there don't know about that side of it!
Hugs - Lurline♥

chris said...

How great to have a Frenchman tell you that you have lovely skin! I'd glow for at least a week on that! Congrats on the weight loss - I'll be really cranky if you get to a size 14! Good luck with it all.