Monday, December 26, 2011

Laundry Bag



As some of you might know, my son in law is leaving for Afghanistan/Tarin Kowt on the 30th December and I read on Jan-Maree's blog about these laundry bags, because all the issued laundry bags look alike the laundry often gets mixed up and goes missing.
Jan-Maree and her group have made personalised laundry bags for some soldiers so they can recognise their laundry quicker on it's return to the base.

With Lee leaving at the end of this week I made his laundry bag today, it is lined and I used some left over backing I had. I think it turned out lovely and I am sure Lee will be able to pick out his laundry quickly from the others.
If any of you would like to do something for our soldiers to make their life away from home easier, this would be a great gift.
Happy to send you the instructions, measurements and to send them on to Afghanistan.

Happy New Year to you all
Christine

10 comments:

Carol said...

Christine your laundry bag is wonderful...yes would you please send me the info, measurements and where to send them...I have lots of fabric that work great...would love to make some. Thanks so much!

Kathie said...

What a great idea....
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and I hope for a quick and safe return for your son.
Kathie

Mimi said...

I too would like to get the measurments, instructions and address of where to send.... sure hope my google address shows to you.

Agnes B Bullock said...

Would love the instructions for the laundry bag! Hubby could use this himself!

Will keep your son in my prayers.

Jan-Maree said...

Fabulous Christine. One of the guys i made one for said that he had previously been clothe-less TWICE but figured those days were over now that he had his laundry bag - such a small thing but it makes a huge difference. My goal is to make one for every soldier I hear about who is going - Welcome to the club! I will be thinking about Lee and you all.

Agnes B Bullock said...

Definitely want o make the laudnry bag! Please send me the measurements and directions!

Carol said...

Forgot to leave my e-mail address..
brownquilts@gmail.com
Thanks again.

Susie said...

Please email me the directions. A family member has been there twice and maybe a third time will be needed so I could keep this just in case....Thank you.

Lurline said...

Yes, please - my hands up Christine!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Pauline said...

Great Laundry bag Christine..Happy New Year to you too...ps..still waiting on my pizza oven I am..lol