Sunday, November 6, 2011

cooking up a storm....






Well I have been putting off cooking for some time, but having a new kitchen and a new grand daughter it is fun to decide what to cook and take over to my daughters place so she can get better quickly and concentrate on that.

I didn't have my Mum near by when my children grew up and I would like to make it a little easier for her while she is getting over the c-section.
She is a very strong person and likes to be doing things on her own, but I know she appreciates it very much.

So Thursday I cooked Lasagna and it went down a treat. Today I made Zucchini slice ( hiding lots of veggies for the little ones) for the lunches tomorrow, cupcakes for this afternoon and Goulash for tonight.

See the Lolly jar, it gets filled every Sunday and everyone in the family knows this, so as they all come by the first thing they do is check out the jar and help themselves. Mind you it has to be the right type of lollies..... our family favourite is HARIBO Licorice all sorts and Licorice snails.

Even now the little one Emily has found the jar and just loves to check it out and has to have some Licorice.
What is your families favourite ?

cheers
Christine

ps. DH is smiling from ear to ear, he loves his food

9 comments:

Val said...

What a lovely mum/nanna you are. I loved having my mum around when the children were little. I still love having her around. As for food I tend to experiment with new things a lot but I must say chocolate cake is a favourite for all of us and a good old roast dinner.

Vickie said...

I hear you I never had my mum close by, when my kids were little either..what a joy fo royu to be able to help...don't know what the family favourite is,cheers Vickie

Kathie said...

I think it is wonderful that your close to your grandchildren/children. I know she appreciates all the meals. hmm candy jar, reeses peanut butter cups and milky ways
Kathie

Deidre said...

I'm with your. I never had anyone close near me and did it all. That is why I will do anything that I can to help my kids because that then helps my grandchildren.

Cherry Red Quilter said...

You have a lucky family and you are a lovely mother and grandma! Good for you!

Cheri said...

Yum! Looks to good to eat! Congrats on the new grand baby, you are blessed!

Yvonne said...

Isn't it great to be able to help out when your kids need you. I didn't have my mom around either when I had my daughter but I was so glad that I was near by now that she gave birth!
Enjoy this time in your life!
We love licorace too in our family but hey.....we are Dutch, you can buy hundreds of different licorace types here.....

Janet said...

You are a huge help, and how wonderful that you're there to do it. The food looks very delicious and comforting. I love those chocolate eclair caramels myself, Dh is a licorice allsorts fan

Barb said...

How nice of you to cook for the new mom! I remember how much I appreciated it after my c-section - it was so nice to eat good food and be a little taken care of.
I love that you call sweets lollys -
my hubby and son love anything peanut butter and chocolate, especially together :)