Sunday, October 23, 2011

2nd post " My Quilts "

This quilt is my own design as well, please do not take any pictures from my blog without permission.


I entered this quilt in 2008, it just grew bigger over time, I did not have a plan when I first started with the centre.
The hexagon centre was started before all the hype about hexagon's, the store I worked for for many years was one of the first stores to have the pre-cut hexagon pieces for sale, the owner got the from the US.The centre is made from 1/2inch hexagons, the log cabin are 1/2inch strips (no foundation piecing), all the applique is needle turn and because of all the small pieces and lots of seams I machine quilted it on my Bernina.
The colours in the last picture are not true, the quilt is more like the first picture.
I think I named it " My Love for 1930's fabrics " told you I am no good in naming quilts.
Have started the pattern for this and hope to be able to get it finished soon.
This quilt received three prizes at the same show, 2nd in it's category, it received a lovely cash prize for " Retaining the Tradition Award" and last but not least Viewers Choice ( that is a wonderful Ribbon to receive)




9 comments:

Ariane said...

It's gorgeous!!!!

Deidre said...

Now that is the one I love and need to make one day. Pattern please, when you are ready. :)

Bree said...

love them all but this is my favourite, I would have voted for you in the poeple's choice too!

Julia said...

Love all the quilts Christine...can't pick any one as a favourite...congrats on all the awards, very much deserved.
Julia ♥

Jessica said...

I love this quilt! I could look at it all day!
It has also started a slow burning desire for 1930's fabric....so far I have resisted, but it is getting harder!

Cheryl said...

Wow, a viewer's choice award...well deserved...this is beautiful!

Pokey said...

Beautiful, Christine, as all of your work is!
:-}pokey

Shari said...

What a beautiful quilt! Looks just lovely hanging on your wall. What joy to see it everyday.

Barb said...

what a stunning quilt! I love everything about it.
The ribbons are beautiful too!
wow - this made my morning