Sunday, October 23, 2011

My Quilt show

The Quilts that I am showing are my own designs ( unless otherwise stated), please don't take any images from my blog.

The first one was the start of my love for 1930's print, the little nine patch blocks are 2 and 3/4inch finished and are all pieced from squares ( not strip piecing)

I entered the quilt in 2000 and still love it very much, it is very simple in design and quilting, it got a 1st Prize. The quilt was published I think in 2001 in the Australian Patchwork & Quilting Magazine as a pattern.

It is called " 1930's Treasure " no I am not very good naming my quilts.




This is my version of Florence Peto's Calico Garden, it is a row shorter and I designed my own borders. You can buy the pattern for the original version from the Shelbourne Museum or you can find it in the book called Enduring Grace.

The original quilt has no copyright, I email the museum and they said that Florence Peto wrote the instruction for a Magazine and never put copyright on the pattern. That is why there are so many version available.

I called my " Olde Worlde " and entered it in 2001 and it received a 1st Prize.
The quilt is all needle turn applique and hand quilted and it does hang straight but my holder upper person ( dear husband didn't have any patience)





more to come.......

10 comments:

Deidre said...

Beautiful quilts........If you find the 1930's quilt missing from your long arm room, you know where it will be :) :) :)........Just kidding. Love your quilts.

Ariane said...

Wow!!! Your quilts are gorgeous!!!

Carol said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely beautiful!

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous!

Ozjane said...

Congratulations. I love the middle one in this lot.

Sweet Pea said...

What intricate work. You must be proud of your wins. Congratulations.

Shari said...

Those tiny nine patches make my head spin! Very hard to maintain accuracy and I am very impressed.

I've always loved applique flowers combined with pieced blocks. Yours is lovely and deserving of an award.

Barb said...

Love your calico garden quilt - and the nine patch is so fantastic. I never tire of nine patch quilts!!

I'm still jealous of your linkedwithin button.
I've written the support team twice and never heard :(
Oh well.

Melinda Cornish said...

I love them all...you are very talented and I see your love of quilting shining through...

BevBSews said...

Christine, I've been away from the computer for a few days and only just now catching up. I love your quilts, they are just beautiful. I do hope you are proud of yourself. Please keep sharing them with us.