Monday, September 5, 2011

Retreat with friends....



Pieced my tumbler top




Made a little flying geese quilt ( don't look to close as not everything is straight, grin no quilt police here )







I had a wonderful time away with 11 lovely ladies, thank you for having me.... PPP
The weather was great, we stayed at Stacey's at the Gap, a retreat on top of Cunningham's Gap and didn't have to lift a finger regarding breakfast, lunch and dinner as it was all prepared and laid out for us.
No dishes, no clearing tables nothing.....

The best thing for me was that I was met at my car by Leonie and her husband Mal ( who own the retreat ) with a trolley, so NO lifting of our machines or anything heavy for anyone.

It made my weekend, as often I do my back in by lifting the sewing machine and suffer in pain.

Thank you Leonie and Mal......... :)))))))))

7 comments:

chris said...

It was a great weekend, wasn't it? Catching up with everyone was a real bonus.

Vickie said...

looks liek a lovely place,excellent that you did not do your back in and your tops are gorgeopus,cheers Vickie

Maree: said...

Love the sound of this place for a Getaway...
Your Quilt looks Great..
cheers

Jessica said...

It sounds like you had a great time and got some sewing done too! The tumblers look fantastic!

Yvonne said...

It sounds like you had the perfect weekend! Quilting among friends and everything else taking care of! And what a beautiful environment with those lovely cabins. Your quilts are great, I love the thumbler top!

Barb said...

Aren't retreat the best! I love your tumbler and your flying geese - what great scrap quilts.
Glad you had a such a great time.

Deidre said...

Glad your retreat was good. Ours is excellent. Wish you were here, and I have been very good and polite (:-) ).

Deidre