Sunday, August 21, 2011

Found it...





After finally finishing the applique and a few hundred Berries, Salina Browne has got a border. I couldn't make up my mind and when I was in Gatton yesterday for the Applique meeting ( TAS ) I found the border. Mind you I didn't have my top with me and thought that they had two fabrics at Sew Creative that would work.

Bought enough of the two fabrics and settled for this one. I am happy now and will get it ready for hand quilting, have got my batting ready and now only need to find a backing from my stash.

The meeting was lovely and Deidre showed us all her lovely quilts, tops and work in progress. I didn't get any pictures as I was helping holding the quilts.
Deidre does lovely applique and has some wonderful UFO's on the go.

Back to the sewing room, I would like to finish another top.
cheers
Christine

13 comments:

Lurline said...

A lovely rmeinder thnks Christine! I have top laid out and all fabrics but nothing further - kinda very nice, too!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Annette said...

I love your quilt. So pretty! And the border is perfect.

Deidre said...

That is the perfect border for Salina Browne. Well done. Thanks for your kind words too.
Remember Gail complaining about her stitching bag not being big enough........well......I have fixed her. Just made a modified version. Looks like a body bag!!!! Lets see her complain now :)

Deidre

Karen said...

Your border fabric works so well. I often forget to take along a project in the works that needs some kind of fabric matching. Silly when I have made a trip to the quilt shop for some supplies and forget about another project waiting for fabric.

Barb said...

the border is wonderful. I love the corners - What a stunner this quilt is. Sounds like you had a great time.

Cherry Red Quilter said...

Wow! Love that applique!

ann hermes said...

Your appliqué work is amazing. The border is perfect!

Wendy said...

Your quilt is lovely! I know you are glad to see it coming into completion....the border is so lovely that you chose....

handmade said...

lovely !!!

Dawn said...

What a beautiful quilt. Fabulous fabric choices.
Well done!

Cardygirl said...

Beautiful applique!

Kathie said...

Oh Christine I absolutely LOVE this quilt
great fabric choice for the border and the whole quilt
its going to be a beautiful quilt to treasure with your hand quilting forever. An Heirloom, just beautiful.
thanks for sharing .

Nadine said...

GORGEOUS, Christine ! Oh how I love this pattern, and you found the right border ;>)

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO
NADINE