Sunday, July 31, 2011

Back from Melbourne

Knitting found in strange places




Below is a places I think in Ballan, we had coffee and the best Vanilla slice, great place but it was a little smokey due to the indoor wood burner, loved the place





Patchwork shop " Gail's Emporium", look at the lovely Birdhouse, the Garden, the driveway to the shop and the Stone building that is home to the shop.





Deidre and I went to Melbourne early Wednesday morning, arrived on time , got our car and plugged in the Tom tom and drove to the first shop called Somerset, we both belong to their fabric club and really wanted to see the shop.
We also visited Amity, Patchwork on Central and one more, oh dear forgot the name.

A few things had to come home with me and I will show you in the next few days.
We got to our hotel in the afternoon and had dinner downstairs, yummy Goat cheese tart and some Wine was enjoyed too.

Thursday we walked over to the Quilt show, only a short walk. We had a great time looking at lovely quilts and some more shopping.
I have taken pictures of the most beautiful quilts ( to me ) and will show you some here soon.
The quilts where hang in a zigzag fashion and it didn't make it easy for viewing them.

We decided not to go back to the show and went to Castlemaine instead, wow I loved the shop Threadbear and had to make some more purchases ( pictures to come)
Drove home via Ballarat and Ballan and visited Gaile's Emporium a patchwork shop, loved the building and the setting, just beautiful.

Saturday we got up late and went to the Queen Victoria market and flew home in the afternoon.
Thanks Deidre I had a great time.
We went to many shops and I didn't write all the names down, but many are well worth a visit.


bye for now
Christine

9 comments:

Dorothy said...

Glad you had a good time here.
Threadbear is always a treat like many of the others you visited.
I always find quilts range from 0 to 9 at shows but the quilts for the Annette Gero Challenge based on quilts from the Fabrics of Society book were a treat. Did you get to see them?

Jessica said...

It looks great! The stone building is gorgeous! Can't wait to see more pics.

Lori said...

What a beautiful quilt shop. It sounds liek a lovely time and can't wait to hear more about it.

Yvonne said...

Good to read you had a great time in Melbourne. Sounds there are some great quilt shops over there. Can't wait for the pictures.

circle retreat quilter said...

Christine it looks like you had a great visit to Melbourne, and Gails Emporium is my all time favourite store. Gail is a scream too. I use to live in Melbourne and went to Ballarat every month for work.... and had to stop at Gails.

Christine M said...

You certainly covered a lot of km's! There are so many lovely shops to visit.

Michelle said...

How wonderful Christine, looking forward to seeing more photos. Michelle xx

Lizzie said...

Oh Christine, you visited my local village and I didn't know..! I wish you had let me know and I would have met you. Did you visit Millrose in Ballan? Looks like you enjoyed the Providore, such lovely local produce..
Lizzie
xxx

karen said...

Hi Christine, I was glad that the weather was good on the Friday for your big trip? You and Deidre were very adventurous. Somerset Patchwork was my local shop in Melbourne, my local group go to Ballan for lunch . I am a fat 1/4 reproduction club member at Threadbear, and now Gail's is my local shop. Friday I went to the quilt show. We could have waved in passing! Sorry I missed you, I do understand that your time was limited, you certainly packed a lot in! Love Karen