Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Very sad face...

update: The hotel is giving me a full refund..... very happy.



Well I am not getting to Sydney this year for the Quilt show s all flights are cancelled due to the Volcano Ash over Australia. I was going just for Wed/Thursday and am busy Friday, working Saturday and Birthday Party for Sophie's 4th on Sunday I am not able to later in the week.

Never mind could be worse, I am getting credit for the flights but it looks like that I will not get a refund on the Room.

I so love going to Sydney and see the quilts and shops and have been going for over 10 years.

Good night
Christine

11 comments:

susis quilts said...

dear christine,don`t be sad,i shall probably never see the quilts in sidney,and i believe it is safer to stay at home,than flying through volcano ashes,there is always a next opportunity,have a nice day in spite of,susi

Lori said...

How dare that volcano ruin your quilt show plans!!!

Yvonne said...

I was just looking at the news at all the airplanes on the ground and an empty airport in Sydney. Too bad you have to miss it but as you said, there are worse things that can happen!

Kate said...

Yep can relate to your sad face :( These events have long ramifications don't they. One ash cloud = hundreds if not thousands of big and little disappointments. Save up more to spend next year LOL

Chookyblue...... said...

oh i am so sad.......i'll miss you....

Cardygirl said...

Sad that I won't see you there...but better to be safe!

Michelle said...

What a shame Christine! I suppose "theres always next year" doesn't really help? Liisa and I missed Melbourne last year due our kids finishing yr 12, but then it makes this year all the more exciting! Just think how much more you will enjoy next year too! xx

Willow said...

How sad! But safety first, isn't it?
So enjoy the birthday and look forward to the next year! :-)

Willow

Jessica said...

What a shame. Probably safer on the ground though.

circle retreat quilter said...

ohh boo hoo.Next time

Sarah said...

I am sorry you are not able to make the show...glad the airlines are being cooperative but very disappointed in the hotel for not being understanding of the situation. Shame on them!