Thursday, June 2, 2011

Churn dash, new quilt and strange emails




I have been getting a little sewing done, not work ( and yes I know I should ) but have been teaching classes.
The little quilt is one of four I need to make, I have also nearly finished hand quilting the one for my swap partner Janet ( no picture ).

Some lovely churn dash have also landed in my post box and there are more coming ( thank you all ), starting to stitch some myself tomorrow. I will add some darker ones to balance the lighter ones. I think I am going to put the blocks on point and have an alternate square between.

The other four blocks are a mini version of the Jelly Star Quilt blocks, I used a 1 1/2inch strips not sure what I do with it next.
Maybe some applique blocks in between and some borders.

bye for now
Christine
ps. have any of you been getting the email regarding a missing child? Looks like a mass mail out from a Hexagongroup@yahoo?

13 comments:

handmade said...

I love you're house !!! and you're quilt beautiful

Bree said...

thost mini jelly stars are AWESOME!

Jessica said...

The stars look great and the little churn dashes are cute!
I haven't had any emails like that.

Miriam said...

I love those star blocks!

( I got the missing child email from another Yahoo group. Apparently it is s scam)

Yvonne said...

It looks like you have been busy with all kind of fun projects beside teaching! Great looking blocks and nope....didn't see any strange emails!

May Kristin said...

Love those beautiful stars!

Karen said...

Your star blocks look like they are made the same way I have been making mine. The method has no diamonds. Just rectangles and squares.
Churn Dash blocks can be very versatile used in a quilt. I like making them.

stitch_days said...

Your quilt and the blocks are all very pretty. I haven't seen the email like that.

Bree said...

that would definately be a scam email, concerns me a little as my hub works for Hexagon Group !

Kathie said...

great blocks!
no emails like that bet its a scam!

Rumi said...

Cute blocks! Especially love the little 9-patch quilt.

Cathy said...

My two churn dash blocks are done and are darker. Will get them in the post Tuesday. No i have not had any strange emails. Hope you get to the bottom of it. xo

Barb said...

what a sweet little quilt!
I have been getting more weird email spam from people I know, and I know they didn't send them.

p.s. your kitchen is fabulous too! the slate floors look great - I'd have left them too