Monday, May 9, 2011

Yes I am stitching...




Finished the fours block from a set of twelve I bought while in the US, all the fabric was included in each block. It was a great idea as you could buy just one or the set.

The other is charity quilt number 11 finished, I have stitched the binding a little different as I thought it might be a little quicker and fun but pulling the perle thread through is hard work.
Anyway I don't think think I saved much time, but it is done.
I still have another twelve charity quilt tops here to finish.....

Happy stitching
Christine

9 comments:

Pauline said...

Hi Christine,
love the blocks...gorgeous...wow you going to be busy doing all those quilts...!!!

Kathie said...

the blocks look wonderful! oh sometimes I think the quick and easy way is not the best, for those of us that have been doing something the same way for years, our way turns out to be faster for us and we like the results better,
good for you though making quilts for charity...always warms my heart when quilters will make quilts to donate.
kathie

Lori said...

I adore your applique blocks. They are so wonderful!!
What an interesting way to sew down the binding. It looks really cute even if it wasn't a timesaver.
Have a great week!

Cardygirl said...

Your blocks look great!

Val said...

Your blocks look great and well done on another quilt finished.

Yvonne said...

Love the blocks! Seems like a nice job to do!

Aunt 'Reen said...

Your applique' blocks are gorgeous!
Those charity quilts will be keeping you busy for a while. What a wonderful gesture!

Barb said...

Your applique blocks are beautiful!
Can't wait to see the rest.
It may not have saved time, but the binding looks fun

Cathy said...

Beautiful blocks Christine, you are amazing making so many charity quilts, fantastic! xo