Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter Sunday, we certainly did with all the family here for afternoon tea and dinner.
The two little ones loved checking out the garden to see if the Easter Bunny had also been to visit Oma's( that's me) house.
Yes he did, just lovely to see their little eyes light up.

We have had some wonderful news that our daughter is expecting baby number three in November, well it is to arrive on the 11.11.11, how is that for a date?
I am in to numbers........

The other thing that happened today was that we had a snake in our garden, well under the patio coming down from the roof "not happy Jan", yes I know it was only about a meter long and a Green Tree Snake, but it was a Snake......

I have always said to my husband that the day I see a Snake in my Garden we are moving in to a Unit, everyone thought it was funny, but to be honest I am feeling sick about it.
Also I have always looked at the ground wondering if I ever see one and here it was up higher then me.

The grand children watch it crawl along the cutter until it could reach our Lillipilly Tree.

This has really shaken me up.

Enjoy the rest of your long weekend
Christine

14 comments:

Jessica said...

I can't believe this is your first snake! You do not want to come to my house. Seriously though I would wet myself if I stumbled upon one....fortunately our dog lets us know when one is around!

Frances Leate said...

I share your aversion to snakes and I remember telling my husband that if I saw a snake in our garden then I would be on the first plane back to Sydney. Well I did see a snake and it was lying on the floor of our en-suite bathroom and after the drama of it being removed by a snake handler I gradually recovered and decided the worse had happened and we still live in Cairns! Take care.

Lori said...

Congratulations on the coming addition to the family!!

I am sorry you are so bothered by snakes. I hope he doesn't return!

Vicki W said...

I completely sympathize with you! I am just as terrified of snakes. I can't even look at photos of them. Shortly after I got my longarm, Chris was away on a trip. I was quilting along happily until I noticed something on the floor. OH MY GOD. I thought I was going to die! It was little but it took a half bottle of scotch and 2 calls to my Mom to get up the nerve to deal with it myself. We live in a rural area and I didn't have anyone to call. I was also afraid that it would disappear while I waited. I got through it and it actually did help my fear a little but I will never forget that day. Chris is just damned lucky that I didn't have the for sale sign in the yard when he returned!

Yvonne said...

Congratulations with the news of going to bee Oma again! How wonderful! The news of the snake you could do without I think, I would hate it too, very scary! Hope it didn't spoil your Easter.

Marls said...

Happy Easter Christine. I'm totally with you on the snakes. Luckily we do not have them in New Zealand.

Bree said...

Congratulations Oma! My birthday is 11/11 and I feel it's a lucky date. Your little one will be even luckier.

Janet said...

Congratulations on the great news, how exciting! Thanks goodness I haven't seen any snakes on our property. I know we have red belly's and browns in the park up the road though, cringe.

Julia said...

Congratulations on the lovely baby news ..
Me too, I don't like snakes.. we had a snake in our garden about 10 yrs ago before the area got built up...
Take care..
Julia ♥

Pauline said...

Hi Christine..
a snake? eek...there have been a few here, since the rain..the museum told a friend of mine that they are being washed out...well they can just stay where they are...I personally havent seen one this year..thank goodness...
congrats on a new family member..glad you had a great Easter..so did I..
cheers

Cathy said...

Congrats on your new addition to come, love that date too. Sorry to hear about your snake incident, I would feel the same I'm sure. Glad to hear apart from that you had a lovely Easter, Oma is a beautiful name! xo

Val said...

Snakes are a bit spooky. We have had several different types in the yard and even in the house. The egg hunt sounds like a lot of fun and great news about the new baby on the way.

Maree: said...

Congratulations on the pending arrival...Lovely News.
Not keen on the snake in the garden either...hope it stays away for you...
cheers

Barb said...

Wonderful news !
and such an auspicious date - weren't we just talking about fun birthday dates, that one wins!
sorry about your slithering friend :(