Sunday, March 27, 2011

Well what a surprise






I went to my sewing group yesterday and the girls in the shop said that my friend Marjorie had left a present for me for my 50th last month. Marjorie and I used to work together at The Quilters Store and after I left, the shop moved so Marjorie and another colleague and friend also left. Anyway since then Marjorie has moved to the NSW coast and we catch up about once a month for lunch, but couldn't around my birthday.

She was in Brisbane last week and we missed each other so she left me a present............ well you can see in the pictures above yes Marjorie made me a quilt and I looooveeee it. Thank you, thank you I will treasure it and use it and love it.

You see I have been hinting that as a Quilter you would rarely be given a Quilt and I mean to receive a Quilt is just the best.
Oh I feel over the moon.
Thank you Marjorie you made my year.

hugs
Christine

14 comments:

Ali Honey said...

That's lovely - well done Marjorie.
I hope your 50th is/was a good one.

Debbie said...

What a wonderful gift!

*hugs*
Debbie K

Lisa said...

What a wonderful surprise! And the colors are great, too.

Khris said...

What a lovely surprise...lucky you. Hugs Khris

Cathy said...

What a lovely friend, and a gorgeous quilt. How special Christine, and you deserve it. xo

Val said...

What a fabulous gift. So much goes into a quilt. It is really beautiful.

Jessica said...

What a beautiful present!

Chookyblue...... said...

what a lovely birthday present.......

Yvonne said...

Love the quilt, I am making one with that fabric. Your quilt is hanging in my living room and I look at it every day so I know how you feel! What a great gift!

Barb said...

what a lovely gift! Enjoy your new treasure.

Frances Leate said...

Fabulous quilt with great colours - what a lovely friend to have. Take care.

Rose Marie said...

Such a lovely surprise and your quilt is gorgeous!!! Happy 50th!

Shiralee Stitches said...

You lucky gal....It is a beautiful quilt....can't wait to find out who I'll be making my very first doll quilt for......

Pauline said...

you know..thats right Christine..if you make quilts no one ever gives you one as a pressie..what a lovely surpise for you....its gorgeous..lovely friend you are marjorie..