Sunday, March 20, 2011

Quilts for Japan




Good morning

I have been reading different blogs and there is a great need for Quilts to be send to Japan, the Author of the Japanese Quilting magazine Tsushin, Naomi is asking for quilts. The three quilts in the picture are going tomorrow, they are quilts of mine and I hope they give warms and comfort to some ( the bright one was my sons and I hope another little boy will get some joy, the Toile is a pattern of mine I used to teach and the sampler is my little beginners class sample)
As I have got many tops here for the Flood appeal and have given some already and knowing there are many groups making quilts for us here, I have decided that I can spare a few quilts and get them ready to send to Japan also. They are asking for any quilts even used ones, so if you have a quilt and would like to give it either send it here:



Naomi Ichikawa
Editor of Patchwork Quilt Tsushin
Patchwork Tsushin Co Ltd.
5-28-3,Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo
Japan ZIp 113-0033

or sent to me and I try and get them there, email me if you like my snail mail addy.

There are nearly 500 000 people in shelters and it is cold.

hugs
Christine

ps. or maybe someone could donate some Batting ...... and I am thinking to have a little working bee here at my place to add some bindings maybe the 29th or 30th March, email if you can spare a few hours.

14 comments:

SandyQuilts said...

Quilters Newsletter is also collecting/sending quilts

http://www.quiltersnewsletter.com/blogs/insideqn/2011/03/18/call-for-quilts-for-japan/

Val said...

Hi Christine, I am thinking I will donate a used quilt. I can do that now rather than try to make something. I will send it to the Japan address.

Lurline said...

All so sad, christine - a wonderful effort you are making!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Khris said...

Well done to you...this would be a huge thing in comparison to Qld. And of course the cost to send to Japan is a lot more than sending to Qld. Makes it harder helping out all round.....but good for you Christine.
Hugs Khris

Julia said...

Christine, my heart goes out to the people in Japan..
I have the perfect new quilt just sitting here...It's a navy blue Bento Box design made out of all Japanese fabrics...there must have been a reason for me to keep it...this is it!
Julia ♥

Jessica said...

They probably do need quilts, it is really cold over there!
I can come either day, but Tuesday 29th I could stay longer. I will try to bring my mum too!

Quilters Cottage Norfolk said...

Hello Christine,
Well done for putting the address out there on the web.
Here in England have been wondering where to send our quilts.
Thank you.
Best wishes,
jane c

*karendianne. said...

Christine,

Thank you for posting this information. It's exactly what I was hoping someone would share!

Pulling together for those in desperate need, *karendianne.

Janet said...

I wish I could come to the bee, I've linked to your post so I hope you get lots of help. You are an angel Christine.

Quiltingranny said...

Hello: Here is another way to get quilts to Japan:
Dana Jones
Quilters Newsletter
741 Corporate Circle, Suite A
Golden, CO 80401

• Mark your box: “Quilts for Japan.”
• Send quilts as soon as possible and no later than April 30, 2011.
• Enclose your name, address, phone number, and email address with the quilts.

Have you contacted the Warm company for batting donations? Please contact me with an address in the US, I have some extra batting I will donate!

Bunny said...

Great quilts Christine. Someone will love them.

Erin said...

Hi :) I have tried emailing you four times but it keeps bouncing back?

Shelly said...

Thank you for sharing this information. It's touching that you sent your family's quilts to others in need. ^^

circle retreat quilter said...

Hi Christine, I would like to offer to bind a quilt or a few quilts this weekend. I am going on Retreat and am sure if I have a lovely spot on the deck to sit i can get all the girls to sit on a corner and stitch on some bindings. I can collect from Peppermint stitches if you like.