Monday, January 31, 2011

Donated Quilt tops



Hi all

Just wanted to show you two quilt tops that have arrived at my place for the Flood appeal, I will quilt them asap and get them to someone that needs a quilting hug.

One of the shops I teach at " Peppermint Stitches " Stacey has kindly ask her fabric reps. and we received a large bolt of extra wide backing from Moda to use for the quilts we are making. She has also received a very large suitcase full from a second wholesaler with beautiful fabrics. I am so looking forward to make beautiful quilts and to pass them on brighten someones day.

Hopefully there will be a few helpers coming along on a Tuesday morning and it will get some quilts delivered sooner rather then later.
There are other group sewing quilts and it looks like many Flood affected people will receive a quilt.

We are now looking at a huge Cyclone coming towards the east coast called Yasi, it won't get down as far as Brisbane but when crossing the coast do a lot off damage.

Both the quilt tops came with backing and bindings, thank you to Rena from Germany and a friend of mine Deidre.

Take care
Christine

ps. I have also received some thread from Walters Import here in Brisbane and some batting from Victorian Textiles, thank you.

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh no, how much more can your country take!! Your good works I know will be appreciated.

Barb said...

What a great cause and how nice of you and your friends! The tops look really nice.
I can't believe more challenging weather is coming your way! yikes, hope it doesn't cause too much damage. Our poor Aussie friends!

Yvonne said...

Great how everyone is helping out! Hope you can give some comfort to the victims with your quilts!

Julia said...

Lovely tops Christine...it's so nice to see everyone helping out..
I'm watching that cyclone , as I have friends in Townsville...sure looks scary..
Julia ♥

Myra said...

Wonderful quilt tops Christine!

My goodness! What terrible things happening in your patch of the world... God bless and protect all!

Jessica said...

Those quilts are beautiful! I decided I might as well quilt mine before I send it, so tonight I will start sewing the binding on. Hopefully I have it in the post by the end of the week.

What is the protocol with labelling these? Do we or don't we?