Sunday, May 3, 2009

Nine-Patch Swap

Hi all this is for Australia only

Sorry to all others but the postage would be too difficult to work out.

Ok who wants to play? I am holding a nine-patch swap and if you would like to join let me know.

I am planning on starting this month.

The way I thought I would do this is as followed:

1 )If you like to join you would make 12 nine-patch blocks from the same two fabrics per month over six month. Each month you use a different set of two fabrics. If you haven't got enough of one fabric to make twelve for that month replace with a similar fabric. The fabrics in my quilt are mainly reproduction fabrics so let's make the swap reproduction fabrics too.


2) They will need to be made from two fabrics one light/the other dark


3) They are to be 6 1/2inches square nine-patch blocks


4) The dark fabric is to be used for the five squares and the light fabric (or contrast) for the other four squares. If you look at my quilt in the previous post you will get some ideas for colours.


5) I would like to receive a photo at the end of each month showing your set of 12 nine-patch blocks.


6) After six month you will send me 6 sets of 12 blocks, including a self addressed envelope (with postage) to receive the same number of nine-patch blocks in return.


7) Please only join if you really think you can do this and want to do take part.


8) Please copy/paste the button that (Robyn from Daisy Quilts has kindly made for me) add a link and hopefully we get enough swappers to join.




Of course you can make two lots of 12 different sets, it would mean you get more back.

The minimum swappers I would need is 12, maybe we make it to 24 ? Who knows.


The last thing have fun.

cheers


Christine


ps. This is my quilt with the binding finished, sorry the image is a bit dark. I will take a new one today sometime.


18 comments:

Kate said...

Hi Christine - are you suggesting any particular type of fabric - eg reproductions, muddy colours etc? Or is fabric choice open? Thanks. Kate (I am very tempted.....)

Lurline said...

I was wondering about fabric choice, too and really surprised to see Kate appear! Isn't that great!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Janet said...

Ok I've got my hand up as a definite participant. I'll be happy to do my blocks in repros. If fabric choice is too open to interpretation it might create some unhappy campers down the track. Thanks a bunch for organising this Christine, it should be fun.

Robyn said...

I'm in!
hugs Robyn xx

Chookyblue...... said...

sounds great but I don't have any repros........

Kate said...

OK - I'm in!
http://kateoz.blogspot.com/

Julia said...

Count me in too Christine..
You know I love repros..
Hugs Julia ♥

Cardygirl said...

I am interested if you are doing it in reproductions...let me know what the plan is.

Kathie said...

Oh I want to play too.
I have made arrangements with an Australian to receive my blocks and she will send them to me, can I play too????
I will mail my blocks directly to you, ok ?????
repros and nine patches how can I not join it???
Can you send me a picture of your quilt so I can see your blocks up close!
Kathie

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I would love to join in..I have one or two repros...LOL...well maybe a few more....sounds like a lot of fun.

Kris said...

Hi Christine! I read about this over at Lurline's Place and I would like to join in too. Don't know much about repro fabrics, but I can learn! And nine-patches and I are best friends! (My favourite block!)

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh bummer I have so many 1930 fabrics, but alas I am in the USA, I will watch as the fun unfolds!

toni said...

my hands up, count me in too! toni :O)

Maggie A said...

So much for my resolve an hour ago NOT to start another project till I get my UFO's under control.......sigh, I a sucker for reproduction swaps. I'm guessing you mean Civil War era colours. Hope so cos that is what I have.

Bernadette said...

Now Christine, how can I say no to repros? Count me in too please!

Jeni said...

this will be the first swap I have been in ...please count me in .. I am excited
Jeni

Lissa Jane said...

Christine
are we talking about 19th century repros or any repros (30's etc).. I am interested in civil war / 19th century repros, so please let me know and I'll join the fun!


Lissa

Melanie said...

I might be interested in joining, though I admit, I have a grand total of 3 reproduction fabrics in my stash so I might need a little more convincing...